IT IS NOT THE DARSHANAM YOU DO, IT IS THE DARSHANA LORD GIVES
For any Divya kshetra darshanam, first one has to take worship the Gods in their home, in the sense that one has to offer prayers for safe journey and return. Then next step is to take worship the Kuladaivam or the God of their Lineage. The best date to have darshana of the Lord is on the birthstar of the Family head or Ejamani or on self Nakshatram.
On Tirumala yatra, the first thing a yatri has to do is to offer prayers to Goddess Padmavathi ammavaru in tiruchanoor. It is in this place that a person has to ask for whatever he needs.
Later the yatri has to visit Govindaraja Swami in Govindarajapattanam or Tirupathi. Legend says Govindaraja is the elder brother of Lord Venkateshwara.
Next is to offer prayers on the Padala Mantapam in Alipiri and start climbing the hills. On reaching the hills the Yatri has to take bath in the Holy Swami Pushkarni and offer prayers to Sri. Adi Varahaswami.
Next the Yatri has to take a queue line according to his convenience to have the devine Darshana of Lord Venkateshwara. On reaching the Holy area from which Lord's Moolavirat is in eyesight, one has to see the Idol of Bhoga Srinivasa near the Left feet of the Lord. This idol is kept at about 45 degrees to the devotees since he possesses the Prayoga chakra. Then yatri must see the Lord from Feet till the Kireetam, Ammavaru on both the Chest, Abhaya and Kati Hastham, Nagabharana's on both arms, Shanka & Chakra.
Yatri has to then take Teertha Shatari & proceed on the Vimana Prakaram. On the Northern side of the Vimana Prakaram one can have the Devine darshana of Vimana Venkateshwara. Later drop the offerings in Srivari Hundi. Offer Prayers at Yoga Narashima swami Sannidhi and Bhashyakarala sannidhi & exit the temple receiving the prasadam.
- Do obeisance to your Ishta or Kula Daivam before you start for Tirumala.
- Do book your travel & accommodation at Tirumala in advance.
- Do bathe in the Pushkarani and worship Varahaswamy in his Temple before you go to worship Lord Venkateswara.
- Do bathe & wear clean clothes before you enter the shrine.
- Do concentrate on Lord Venkateswara inside the Temple.
- Do observe absolute silence and recite Om Sri Venkatesaya namaha to yourself, inside the temple.
- Do bathe in the Papavinasanam & Akasa Ganga Theerthams near Tirumala.
- Do respect ancient customs and usage's while at Tirumala.
- Do deposit your offerings in the Hundi only.
- Do contact any of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams Enquiry officer for information regarding the temple and your worship there.
- Do Respect ancient customs and usages while at Tirumala and promote religious sentiments among co-pilgrims
- Keep Tirumala Clean and Green.
- Please leave your Electronic Gadgets like Ceil phones, Calculator, Camera and footwear etc. at the cottage or deposit near VQC I before entering the temple.
- Don't carry jewellery or cash with you.
- Don't eat non-vegetarian food.
- Don't consume liquor or other intoxicants.
- Don't smoke on Tirumala Hills.
- Don't approach touts for accommodation and darsan.
- Don't wear footwear in and around the premises of the temple.
- Don't buy spurious prasadams from street vendors.
- Don't come to Tirumala for any purpose other than worshipping the Lord.
- Don't rush in for Darsan but take your turn in the queue.
- Don't enter the temple, if, according to custom or usage, you are prohibited to enter.
- Don't wear flowers at Tirumala, all flowers are for the Lord only.
- Don't encourage beggary.
- Don't spit or commit nuisance.
- Don't waste water and electricity.
- Don't allow strangers into the cottages.
- Don't hand over keys to them.
- Don't spit, urinate or defecate in the open.
- Don't carry Cellphone, camera or any electric or electronic gadget.
- Don't carry weapons.
PRATYEKA PRAVESHA DARSHAN TIMINGS
|WEEK NAMES||BATCH TIMINGS|
|SUNDAY||4 AM TO 5 AM||7 AM TO 6 PM||9 PM UPTO EKANTHA SEVA|
|MONDAY||4 AM TO 5 AM||7 AM TO 6 PM||9 PM UPTO EKANTHA SEVA|
|TUESDAY||8:30 AM TO 2 PM|
|WEDNESDAY||9:30 AM TO 2 PM|
|THURSDAY||8:30 AM TO 6 PM||9 PM UPTO EKANTHA SEVA|
|FRIDAY||10 AM TO 6 PM||9 PM UPTO EKANTHA SEVA|
|SATURDAY||4 AM TO 5 AM||7 AM TO 6 PM||9 PM UPTO EKANTHA SEVA|